Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Budget Woes

During my research
I am discovering that this 
homeschooling thing
ain't cheap!!

You can do it cheap
You can do it pretty much as cheap 
as you want to...
HOWEVER
I want/need
some structure
and accountability.

And there is a
TON 
of stuff
out there!!
I have found 
some different vendors
that have different
pieces parts 
or subjects.
Then there are the 
"all in one" 
type curriculums.
Some of these can run you 
$800+ per year
per child!

Um, no thanks!

There are very highly 
recommended programs
and resources 
that seem reasonably priced
until you add
all the pieces of the
"program"
together.
Then you remember,
that it is just for
ONE subject!!

Again
HOWEVER...
I have multiple children
and we are starting rather young with 
my oldest...
SO...
assuming we like doing this
homeschooling thing
we can reuse the same resources
over and over
just having to purchase 
"student manuals"
(or the consumable part of the resource).

So far I am looking at:

Math - Saxon
Reading & Spelling - All About Reading/All About Spelling
Science - The Young Scientists Club

And as I add all this stuff up...
I feel like we will QUICKLY 
approach that $800+
per student 
per year
number.
UGH!

Hopefully,
I can figure out a way to 
do this on the 
relatively 
inexpensive...
BUT
I will NOT
sacrifice 
the kids
education.

So we will see what we wind up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment