Thursday, December 20, 2012

NC Trip: Week 3

Week 3
is where the fun really got started!

We didn't get out of the house much
over the weekend.

So we decided to get out of the house 
on Tuesday (Oct 3)
and hit Monkey Joe's...
the broken arm happened.
You can go
for the reminder...

And as I stated at the end
of that post...
my sweet baby's broken arm
didn't slow us down for long.  

After he was fitted with his
first "cast"
we headed down to 
my grandmother's place
 in small town 
South Carolina.

We arrived Thursday night.

We always have a good time there.
She is in the middle of the woods,
with a stocked pond in her back yard,
creeks running through the property,
LOTS of nature to enjoy!

One of the activities that my sweet J
had been looking forward to

First we had to dig worms...
well when I say "we"
I mean "they"...
someone had to take pictures.  

So first thing Friday morning,
they were digging in the garden,
under rocks,
under logs...
looking for for bait.

Then, I knew we were going to figure 
out a way for him to fish...
with one arm...
I cast it out for him
then handed it to him and started to ponder...
but as I was pondering,
I saw this...

Where there is a 6 year old's will...
there is a way!

Whatever works!

Everyone took turns at getting their 
hooks wet...

Then Nana took them for a spin on the water
in her luxury yacht.

We took a break from fishing and boating,
for some good ole country cooking.

All of the veggies we ate, came from their garden!

I sent my absent sisters these pictures
of all this wonderful food,
in an attempt to make them jealous...
yes we are like that.

I sent this next one of grandmother making biscuits
with the text
"Guess what I am getting!?!?!"

To which my baby sister replies:
"A microwave?"

Har har har!

After filling our bellies with this grub...
we headed back outside for some more
time with mother nature.

We went exploring..
and I came upon this scene...

Then we had to do a little

From the looks of R,
I don't think the fish were biting...

We finally called it a day and headed back inside.
mommy always forgets that R is allergic
to grandmother's fur ball dog.
So we ended the evening with an asthma attack
and me off to Walgreens 
(because they have an awesome computer
system and stores everywhere - so they 
were able to pull up a perscription
and fill it for us!)
for some asthma meds for the oldest boy.

After doping him up
he slept well.

Saturday morning they were up
at the fishing hole bright and early

Some aunts and uncles and cousins showed up
and we painted pumpkins

had some cousin time

took some golf cart rides around the grounds

did more fishing

and more boating...

Then we said good-bye to grandmother,
and headed a little further south,
 to the city where I was born,
to go home with the cousins & aunts & uncles.

My mom & aunt did a little cooking
project with my kids
and made me birthday cookies.
I stayed far, far away
for that project!

Sunday morning,
we hit the zoo
with all of our animals in tow.

We had to stop for a photo op
and let them pose with the lions.

Then the best part of the ENTIRE day
was spending some time in the bird aviary!

And you can tell how much fun we had by the 
looks on the faces in the following pictures.
I hope I don't get in trouble for posting 
any of these!!  (wink, wink)

Mr. T trying to get the bird to get on his arm.
Too cute!!

The other little cousin there was not as
impressed with the closeness of the birds!

This crazy lady is my momma!  
I love this picture!!
The birds loved landing in hair...
just glad they didn't do anything else up there!

She was such a good sport
and I think had a little bit of fun too!

Chugging along...
Week 4 is up next.
BEST pictures YET
are on their way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment