Tuesday, December 18, 2012

NC Trip: Week 2

NC Trip:

YES this was MONTHS ago -
but things are a bit busy...
especially with the holidays!

So here goes week 2 of our NC Trip...

Week 2

Week 2 started off with my pregnant sister in the hospital
twice...
in labor...
but not hard enough labor to keep her.

Me & her mother-in-law 
(who happens to be the godmother of my 2 youngest)
were going to go to one of my favorite parks
and have lunch and just enjoy the 
updated park.
It had undergone major renovations
and we had not seen it since it had
reopened.

So Tuesday morning my sister calls
and informs me she would not be 
joining us at the park.
I asked her why not...
she said she was
in the hospital preparing for her baby!
(I proceeded to call her a brat - what sisterly love!)

So we spent all Tuesday in the hospital 
waiting for my nieces arrival.
See that posting 
if you missed it.

Wednesday we had decided to meet my 
college roommate and the godmother
of my oldest two 
and all of her crew at a children's museum
in Greensboro.
It was halfway between her house and my parents.
We had a BALL!!!


Here are a few pictures from our day:

Wild Thing all decked out and 
ready for the day.
Mercy!


Mr. T loves shopping...


And he took the cash register off the counter,
put it down on the bottom shelf
then proceeded to lay down on the floor
and play with it...
I dunno...


My god-daughter, her little brothers & J,
treated us to a little performance...


A little finger painting...



Then we got to play in and explore
some real life, 
true to size
neat vehicles!

I am not sure I want 
any race care drivers
or truck drivers in my future...


But then again -

I don't think we have to worry about this one
becoming a race car driver!



And this just doesn't seem right...

Neither does this one...


And yes,
I totally let her do this...
and stood back and took pictures while
it was happening too.
I don't think Mr. T screamed too loudly...



This was our crew!


We had a great time!!




Thursday,
we had made plans to go see our sweet 
girl we used to live next door to...
she had started her first year at UNC.
(Better known as "pew"-NC around our house)

I told her so many times that she was the 
ONLY 
reason I had ever stepped foot on that blue campus.

And as much as I
HATE
to admit it!
The campus was 
BEAUTIFUL!
Absolutely beautiful!
Dern it!

Here is the view from 
just outside her dorm room.



We had to go to 
"The Old Well"
and
yes,
I actually drank from it.
So not only did I go to the campus...
but I drank their water too!
EWWWWW!!! 


We had a great time hanging out with her.
It was nice to see our sweet friend
and we were so happy to see
she was doing well at school.
She is a little smarty pants
and will do well!




(Side note:
Apparently, I have met my limit on pictures 
through blogger.  So it is a little more involved and 
time consuming to get pictures on here...
I am considering moving to my own site...
bare with me...)






No comments:

Post a Comment