Friday, November 22, 2013

September In Review: Lost Teeth, Cooking & More Football!

Lost Teeth

Look at this face!
Seriously...
Look at that smile...
that beautiful
sweet
precious
TOOTHLESS 
smile!!

Shortly after we returned from our
marathon camping trip...
Jackson had a VERY loose tooth.
We kept expecting it to fall out,
we tried talking him into
NUMEROUS 
"fun" ways to get it out.
He politely declined
ALL
suggestions.
Eventually,
it just fell out.
The one beside it,
was also loose,
but just getting good and loose...
after insisting 
on waiting til 
the extremely loose
one fell out on its own...
his older brother,
assisted him in removing the other one.
They were wrestling in the playroom,
then Jackson came running in 
super excited about something...
then showed me the SECOND tooth 
that was no longer in his mouth...
but in his hand!
And after all the drama 
surrounding the first tooth falling out...
that one...
was a piece of cake.

Homemade CornDog Muffins

We were kinda stuck in a lunch rut.
I wanted to try some different things for lunch.

I made mini quiches...
I loved them,
my guys...eh,
they didn't love them.
That was ok with me,
because they were SOOOO
time consuming to make!!

So I tried something else,
my guys love corndogs,
I do too!
I don't love how they are 
LOADED 
with fat and calories!
LOADED!!

So I attempted to make my own,
well, something similar.

I cut 6 all beef, low fat
hot dogs into fourths.

Then put them in the center
of the muffin tin.

I mixed up one box of Jiffy Corn Bread mix,
per the instructions.

Then spooned it around the cut up hot dogs.


Baked them a little less than the instructions called for,
and wound up with this!


Cute, huh?


They like these!
Not as much as the "real" 
corndogs..
but they will do!



We finally started school in September!
This is where Jackson started out reading...
but the littles have
quickly taken over that corner,
and Jackson has been booted to 
the living room sofa.
That's ok though, 
less distractions in there...
when he is by himself.


More Football!!!


We were surprised to see some 
old friends
had a parking spot 
right across from us!!!


My bestie and her youngest
also joined us at this game.



Sweet daddy/daughter moment.



That's a lot of "fan"nies
hanging out down there!


This happened to be the 
Military Appreciation Game.
This is my absolute favorite game
EVERY.YEAR!!
For many reason...
MANY.
But the hubs is actually a vet.
So because of him,
I have a new found respect
and 
admiration
for all things military!


I asked my bestie
to take a picture of me and my baby boy...

He wasn't cooperating!!



My face says it all!!


And I eventually just gave up.

 This beauty always stops to smile for the camera!


And this picture...

(Sept 2013)

Is a recreation from 3 years ago...
(Nov 2010)


Me and my boys
cheering on the
WOLFPACK
Year after year...

No comments:

Post a Comment