Sunday, August 19, 2012

Simplifying

Life has gotten way too complicated
and
way too busy!

I don't feel like I have time to do
ANYTHING
because I am too busy trying to do
EVERYTHING!
So
NOTHING
gets done well!

So I am trying to take a step back
and simplify.

(thanks to a kick in the pants by
 my baby sis over at
live to love)

We started a chore chart
and
have implemented a few
"kings"
in this house.

The chore chart is simple
and hanging on our fridge.

We are not implementing a reward system
for chores at this time...
I am not too keen on the
"paying them for doing things that NEED doing"
type of person.

If I pay them to make their bed
and
clean up after themselves...
will I wind up paying them to
do their school work next?

I think not.

So for now,
we are trying to work on the
"I am happy to live in a clean home
and
be apart of this family"
reason for doing chores.
And just because
SOMEONE
has to do them.

We spent a lot of time
purging the garage
and going through
more stuff we shipped out here
that I didn't have a chance to go
through before we moved.

We are finally getting rid of
the stroller/carseat set
that EACH of my kids
were brought home in...

I am ok now,
let's see how I am when I see it being
loaded up and taken away!
OY!

I have also spent a bit of time in thought
as to
"what I want this blog to be".

I got really excited at all the
neat products that some of these other
bloggers get to review!

I was so excited and thought
"I can do that!!"

So I have been working on it for a couple of months.

Then after the little episode with
that "other" blog...

I have really just taken a step back
to figure out what I wanted.

I am going to keep it as simple as possible...

I don't want my blog to turn into
something I have to do...
I want it to be something I want to do!

I am also trying to find a little bit more time for me.

Although,
I have no idea where I am going to find that time...
or figure out what to do with it
but I am gonna try!

I will keep you posted on what I find to do with
my "me" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment