Wednesday, February 12, 2014

November - All About Food (Giving Back #1)

Giving Back!

We have been searching 
for ways we can volunteer as a family,
but it is rather hard with 
a 3 yo to chase after.

So I jump at opportunities I find
that will allow us to help!

In November,
we were blessed with 3 opportunities!

#1 - Meals On Wheels

Meals on Wheels has been on my radar
for years!!!

I helped my grandmother with it about 6+ years ago,
when my two oldest were little.

Then we had another encounter while we were in Texas,
a church where we did our Homeschool PE
was a provider.

Then the gentleman that runs the Upward Flag Football
that we were just a part of this fall,
does Meals on Wheels...
and oddly,
delivers to my elderly neighbors!

So I figured we would give it a try!

The first go was a challenge!
(to say the least!)
The boys helped,
the littles stayed in their carseats.
The boys seats were on the third row
and they had to literally 
crawl over the littles
to get out...
at.every.stop!

Then I had to walk in to each house,
with them,
leaving the littles in the car.

Needless to say,
I was a bit of a worry-wort
and 
hadn't figured everything out.

We eventually figured it out
and we now do MoW
atleast once a month!

My boys fly solo too!
They love it!!!
All I do is chauffeur.
(and take the occasional picture)



 Seriously, tell me that having food 
delivered to your door
by these two,
wouldn't bring a smile to your face!!!


And since mommy didn't think ahead,
we were all H-U-N-G-R-Y
by the time we had finished delivering all that food!
So we called daddy and met him at Chick-Fil-A
for a special treat!!



No comments:

Post a Comment