Monday, September 29, 2014

Recipe Corner: Kale Soup

Months ago 
my sister over at 
McWonderful Life
introduced me to her
I LOVE THIS recipe
and have gushed over it before.

I decided to lighten it up
and 
turn it into a soup.
I wanted to add something to it.
So I found that other recipes
used white beans as a filler
in soups like these,
I honestly didn't care for the beans,
I didn't like the texture.
I even tried making my own white beans,
but they were still WAY too mushy for me,
so I just leave them out.

I have been making this at least once a month
since we arrived back from NC.

It looks a little like this!

Enjoy!!


Kale Soup

1 bunch of kale
1 yellow onion
1 32 oz box chicken stock
3 gloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup white wine
parmesan cheese


Directions:
1. Wash your kale, wash it good y'all.  That is some dirty stuff.
I usually wash it by filling a big plastic bowl full of water,
then stemming the kale and then dunking it in the water.
2. After stemming your kale, layer a couple of leaves and roll it up,
then julliene the leaves. (I like mine super thin)
3. Slice up your onion about as thin as your kale.
4. Heat a large pot or dutch oven.  Then saute the onion in the olive oil.
5. Once the onions are about translucent, toss in the crushed garlic.
Let the garlic go for about 1 min to "wake it up".
6. Add kale to the pot.
7. Stir and allow it to wilt a bit.
8. Add wine and let it cook down for about 2-3 minutes.
9. Add entire box of chicken stock.
10.  Simmer until desired tenderness achieved.
(Here is where you would add white beans if you were interested).
11. Scoop a heaping spoon full into your 
favorite soup mug and top with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment